November 21, 2011

NBA Stars Support Obama Re-Election Campaign

I see that a number of current and retired NBA All-Stars ar getting political next month when they play in a basketball exhibition game to raise funds for President Barack Obama's re-election campaign.

Players who have confirmed they will play in the Obama Classic Basketball Game include Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony, Chris Bosh, Blake Griffin, John Wall, Dwight Howard, Chris Paul and Ray Allen.

Retired big men Alonzo Mourning, Dikembe Mutombo and Patrick Ewing will also play in the game in Washington, D.C., on December 12.

Ticket prices range from $200 for general admission to $5,000 for court-side seats. Funds raised at the game will go to the Obama Victory Fund, an account managed by the Democratic Party and Obama's re-election campaign.

I began to imagine who I would want to be on my Electronic Village Classic Basketball Game. My dream team would include: Elgin Baylor, Kobe Bryant, Wilt Chamberlain, Magic Johnson and Julius Erving.  I guess you can tell that I'm a lifetime fan of the Los Angeles Lakers, huh?!

Who would you want to play on your Classic Basketball Game?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yea, they may as well play on the Obama support campaign team, they do not have much else to do right now!
If I had to form a team I would have to go in the NY Knicks archive and come out with Patrick Ewing, Charles Oakley, Anthony Mason,John Starks, Bernard King, Earl the Pearl, and Clyde the Glide.