September 29, 2009

Tune In Tuesday: Morris Day and The Time (Gigolos Get Lonely Too)

Our lives evolve over the years. I suspect that most people that know me today wouldn't have a clue how I was in my younger years. Unfortunately, there was a time many moons ago when this song from Morris Day and The Time hit home for me.

Do any of y'all remember when Prince had his various groups out trying to make a living in the music business back in the day? Appollina 6, Vanity 6, Sheena E and many more. Those were the days...



Womanist Musings created a weekly meme today called Tune In Tuesday. She noted that our blogs often deal with serious issues and it might be nice to lighten the atmosphere every once in awhile. Music has the ability to trigger happy memories and much of our lives are marked by song. To that end each Tuesday this blog intends to offer a song and tell you about what it triggers for me and in return you are welcome to share any memories that you have associated with it.


2 comments:

Gunfighter said...

Ah yes, Morris Day and The Time... fond memories of the mid 80's. I was in my early twenties, stationed overseas, and having the time of my life.

Thanks for the memory, brother!

Unknown said...

Gunfighter - We have much in common ... I'm glad we're able to find some of the good things we have in common to counterbalance our difference of opinion on impact of taser-related deaths (smile)!

Morris Day and The Time had some other great hits back in the day. We all did The Bird and we all understood the story behind Jungle Fever...