February 8, 2009

Sunday Inspiration: Tired of Being Alone

Sometimes I get lonely. Sometimes I feel as if there is little worth in my existence. Sometimes I wonder if anyone will remember that I came this way.



Sometimes I have to get on my knees to remind myself that I have a friend and a savior in Jesus Christ. I may forget sometimes ... but, I'm never alone.


Sunday Inspirations is the meme created by Sojourner in honor of her Mother. This is just one way to help get us through the week ahead, the trials we may face, and yes, to say Thank Ya and testify! I hope that you participate and share with us your Sunday Inspirations. Your weekly contribution may very well be the inspiration that someone else may need and has been looking for.

The Rules:
  1. Anyone can participate.
  2. You may post a video, poem, religious verse, song, story, picture, ANYTHING that has given you inspiration and the motivation to go on. Just make sure not to offend anyone.
  3. Add your name to the meme list so others can be inspired.
  4. Be and get inspired and be sure to comment.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea for a post. Thank you so much. I really enjoyed the post on purpose and being alone. It makes us pause to assess our goals and actions.

Rethabile said...

Good idea. I'd like to share an older poem, Jésû. Have a good week everyone.

SjP said...

Much obliged Villager for stopping by this morning as well as reminding us all that we are not alone. These are certainly the times that try men's souls, as Thomas Paine said and we really need to know that Jesus is with us.

After speaking to my Mother this morning, I was inspired by hearing her smile. I invite you and other Villagers to read and listen to Ty Gray-El's tribute to Black women and their smiles.

Old School Fridays said...

Thanks for encouraging me to post my Sunday Inspiration. My post is up, and it's about Mary Mary...

I never thought of this song in this manner, but it does help to know that you are never alone. God is always there...

AAW said...

One inspiration: I know the thoughts I think towards you; thoughts to give Hope and a Future.

Unknown said...

Rosie - I hope you will consider participating in our weekly meme next Sunday!

Rethabile - I visited your blog to read the Jesu. You are truly a creative brother...

Sojourner - I'm grateful to yo for creating this weekly meme. Hopefully we will see more participants in the coming weeks.

Mrs. Grapevine - I'm heading over to your place to see your meme entry. Thank you for your visit this week!

AAW - Asante sana for the kind words...

msladyDeborah said...

Thanks for the reminder that we are not alone. What a friend we have in Jesus!

Have a blessed week!